THE MASTERPLAN GENERAL AS A TOOL FOR
STRATEGIC ACTION SUSTAINABLE URBAN DEVELOPMENT
The masterplan is a fundamental document to the planning able to identify with detail the priority strategic areas on which to intervene.
To have an effective operational tool is necessary to develop:
- Step 1: a timely current analysis program for the areas of interest to the project, creating an overview and summary of knowledge; in particular should conduct a systematic survey and evaluation of relevant elements on a territorial scale
- Step 2: With the first results obtained it’ll be realized an overall strategic plan to identify:
- areas of natural territorial parks,
- the urban area
- the relative connection access.
Also being at the stage of feasibility and preliminary identification of the activities, a correct approach to the design as a whole allows the achievement of goals with the optimization of available resources.
For what it pertains to the urbanistic and territorial aspects it needs therefore:
- Locate the territorial cornerstones of environmental protection aimed at the enhancement of the place understood as man-made environment ;
- These cornerstones must be assigned values of importance to a greater or lesser protection
- On this basis, is necessary to identify the bands of protection that allow the coexistence of the natural habitat and man-made environment.
This first step allows us to identify the areas delegated to host the “services”, including:
- energy production systems, both electric and possible water softening;
- Systems of disposal of solids and of waters waste;
- infrastructure connecting systems, both terrestrial and marine and possibly air
- systems for storage of materials pre and post-production
- Macro areas for the preparation of the general construction site;
- housing system designed to accommodate the workers who will work on the project;
- Construction of the first facilities to the workers service.
With these premises and identified various areas, it is necessary to imagine starting of a macro yard which contains within it a relatively homogenous materials storage system.
In fact, it must necessarily rationalize the number of technologies and construction techniques in function of:
- a language as homogeneous as possible the design according to the place where we’ll go to work;
- simplification of construction technique applicable to local workers;
- ability to maintain the finished product as a whole and in its parts
- Storage of the elements for routine maintenance;
- Prediction of unplanned maintenance.
As described above may be implemented as a function of:
- cooperation program between companies and teams of local operators;
- Training relating to the knowledge of the individual techniques and building technology.
This will benefit:
- Efficiency of the area understood as populated structure in its entirety.
- The general growth of knowledge of the local population, not only in terms of economic value, but also of intellectual growth; what it will benefit also of the urban system that will benefit from a rise in values to its surroundings, gradually reducing the disturbances in terms: