This part of the development of the plan should be done with careful consideration of:
- Environmental elements,
- Landscaping elements,
- Cultural elements.
Goal: to delimit the boundaries of protected areas.
To achieve this it must:
- Expand the area’s observation
- Identify areas at risk of degradation.
The possible implementation phases can be summarized as follows:
o Phase 1 – preliminary activity
o Phase 2-reconstruction and definition of environmental systems and historical cultural landscapes
o Phase 3 – identifying strategic areas of intervention lead to financing.
The general purpose of the project: to provide a tool for a “sustainable development” in order to use environmental resources to the territorial government; this can be done:
- a. sensitizing the public opinion on environmental issues;
- b. informing on the benefits obtainable for a better quality of life by improving the eco-friendly behavior;
- c. investing in existing environmental heritage;
- d. implementing policies to safeguard natural resources.
The creation of a system of protected areas and parks that surround the green the most urbanized areas of the territory helps to improve the environmental quality of urban areas of the project; all through:
- enhancement of the natural heritage present in accessible areas;
- increasing the viability of connection;
- protecting existing green areas at the same time at the urban level.
The territorial government consciously as its aims:
- monitoring of the weather conditions control;
- energy saving;
- promotion of natural systems;
- the preservation of the flora and wildlife.
Following the strategic guidelines set out in the masterplan gives:
- sustainable development
- a more sustainable urban environment.