Rocca Strozzi (XIV Century):
RESTORATION OF ARCHITECTURAL HERITAGES: STUDIES FOR RELIEF, DIAGNOSTICS AND MATERIAL ANALYSIS
In architectural restoration, the integrated relief of materials and degradation, through the use of photographic straightening for orthogonal photographic planes, is extremely useful for the diagnostic and analytical phase of the study of the building structures; between these:
- the extended thermovision exams on wall surfaces,
- the endoscopic introspection of the walls,
- the sonic and ultrasonic investigations on the structures,
these are some of the investigations carried out both in the preliminary phase of study and in that of building site that directly supports the restoration through:
- control and monitoring of conservative conditions,
- verification of the reconditioning and consolidation measures implemented.
Monitoring of injuries through the use of probes and / or sensors connected to a central control system that permits to report the phenomena detected to the reference environmental conditions.
Choices restoration of the materials are assisted and guided by the analysis mineralogical and petrographic laboratory with timely feedback stratigraphic and microchemical.