Disposal of waste water (sewage)
If it is possible think of a recovery of centralized sewage, need to imagine the possibility of equipping the units of a sewage disposal system water.In summary, for the disposal of waste water, it is envisaged the following types of systems:
- sub-irrigation system, it is one of the oldest systems and used by man. Its operation is based on proper disposal, from top to bottom, of the waste water on a so-called “percolation bed” composed of multiple layers of draining material (gravel, plastic etc.), allowing you to reproduce the same environment this microbiological in nature.
- Phytodepuration, isthrough mechanisms of contaminant removal by type:
- physical: sedimentation in the water column, filtration and adsorption on the stems and leaves;
- Chemical: precipitation in the water column, adsorption on medium and ultraviolet radiation;
- Biological : bacterial metabolism and hydrophytes, direct absorption of plants and natural disappearance.